Biomechanics Core - C-Motion
The mission of the biomechanics core is to enable the evolution of effective rehabilitation strategies by enhancing the capabilities of the Military Treatment Facilities to conduct biomechanical analyses as core components of sensory motor research and rehabilitation engineering.
Support and enhance the biomechanics research within and between the MTFs and their collaborating partners by:
- Perform systematic review equipment and experimental protocols in the MTF laboratories
- Recommend standardized movement analysis protocols
- Implement custom Quality Assurance Processes
- Establish training and certification programs
- Manage experimental data and analysis sharing by linking the Visual3D CMO file library with the PDMS to allow data mining across all BADER Consortium sites.
The biomechanics core will collaborate with the MTFs to accomplish the following goals.
- Implement data collection protocols consistent with MTF guidelines
- Implement subject specific biomechanical model templates for the MTF and BADER projects
- Implement written standards (checklists) for data collection protocols
- Implement Visual3D processing pipelines for each project that will enable efficient and consistent data processing
- Implement Visual3D reporting templates for each project
- Enhance process and protocol management standards across MTF sites for new analysis routines and assessment metrics
The predominant modes of interaction with the MTFs will be email and personal contact.
All documents will be developed as Google Documents allowing multiple authoring capabilities.
W. Scott Selbie